Make My Sims Real | Advanced simming, Custom Content & more!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello, Simmer!
Please support this forum by registering here. This will keep us motivated and interested in the project. Registration is very easy and quick.

Hello, Guest!
Welcome to Make My Sims Real forum!
We are pleased to have you here. Why don't you join our community? Registration is very easy and quick.
Latest topics
» Kitchen Appliances
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1015th June 2021, 22:41 by Aileen

» Indoor Flowers & Plants
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:43 by Aileen

» Toddler & Child Objects
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:38 by Aileen

» Tables, Desks
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1022nd April 2021, 10:59 by Aileen

» Dining Room Sets
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:38 by Aileen

» Books, Magazines & Bookcases
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:35 by Aileen

» Office & Study Sets
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:28 by Aileen

» Seating
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1020th April 2021, 19:27 by Aileen

» Beds
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1020th April 2021, 12:53 by Aileen

» Business Modifications
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Clock-1018th April 2021, 14:43 by Aileen

Poll

[TS2] What custom content would you like to see next?

Hiya from Berlin, Germany Poll_c100%Hiya from Berlin, Germany Poll_c10 0% [ 0 ]
Hiya from Berlin, Germany Poll_c10100%Hiya from Berlin, Germany Poll_c10 100% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

Hiya from Berlin, Germany

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lucydique
Lucydique
Newcomer

PostLucydique 10th September 2019, 13:07

Hello I'm Lucy (or at least that's my simmer name),

I'm playing Sims 2 only and I mostly build, that is whenever I actually load the game and not just download even more content Grin
Been playing for many years, 10 at least probably more but often pause for long stretches of time. I have all the EPs/SPs and did so from the beginning so I don't know how it is not to have them.

Found this forum just recently on the hunt for some CC, I like the idea to tag things although I'm not sure a forum with having to scroll through all the posts is a good choice for this project...

Well, not sure what else to say, pretty much said most in the other thread of what kind of simmer I am.

Thanks for reading,
Lucy
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 12th September 2019, 10:24

HI @Lucydique. I love to build as well, it's amazing to see another builder on the forum. Welcome!

I like the idea to tag things although I'm not sure a forum with having to scroll through all the posts is a good choice for this project...

Could you please explain what you meant here? Thanks. User feedback is important to me.
Lucydique
Lucydique
Newcomer

PostLucydique 14th September 2019, 13:18

Hi Aileen and thanks for the welcome,
I just saw you are from Scotland that's my favourite country! It's been so long ago that I visited I really hope I will go back there one day!

What I meant was that collecting the downloads in a forum with just post after post is a lot of scrolling and you don't really have an overview. It would be nicer to have kind of a gallery view for it. Example like leefish community finds or Clutter database they do something similar with collecting and organizing existing downloads by linking to them. Even default database doing it in a gallery kind of way.
So basically they fit more on a page with those previews and the description is only seen after clicking so you don't have to scroll so much and I think it looks more organized. I personally like the leefish idea best cause it has filters too.

All of these are my personal preferences, I have no clue how hard it would be to do it and I don't wanna tell you how to run your forum. I just love the idea of trying to collect the things spread out over the web and organize them by type. When I was new to simsdownloads I only ever went to MTS because everything else was too overwhelming and there I could just choose the category I needed. Now so many things are on tumblr, livejournal and dreamwidth and it's driving me crazy if they don't even tag the posts. I know I should be glad to find so many things for absolutely free but I just wish they would all organize it way better Grin

I kinda wanna join some place that is doing this work but so far I always found something I didn't like or that was missing. I even thought about starting a wiki only for CC-finds but I don't like the idea of starting something new if so many others already started something similar. I wish there was a way to collect&organize it all just the way MTS is doing it with categories AND tags AND searchfunction AND related links AND recolors while all being previewed in a gallery with several columns&rows.

Ok as you can see I thought about this a lot I hope I didn't write too much nonsense now but if I re-read my post one more time I'm probably not gonna post it at all Crazy
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 16th September 2019, 10:19

@Lucydique Thank you for your feedback though. We're just a forum, so it's not possible to implement this structure, unfortunately.

I just love the idea of trying to collect the things spread out over the web and organize them by type.
Me too! That's why I created this forum. Maybe you'd like to join me in this? Smile I'd be very happy to have a like-minded person. I know the system is not perfect, but it's something.

I've been to Germany once, but I only visited Bavaria. My husband and I want to go someday, but I don't know when it's going to happen.
Lucydique
Lucydique
Newcomer

PostLucydique 16th September 2019, 13:47

Yeah I thought as much, I really wonder how leefish is doing it it looks like it's part of the forum but pretty sure they are real experts with that stuff over there since they even have a mybb support area :p
Well, no point in discussing this further.

I'm not good at focusing/staying on tasks. I could imagine to add the odd download here and there but I also often take very long hiatuses from the sims (several years long) and I'm feeling another one coming Cool

I actually grew up in Bavaria, but north of it so it was almost Hessen

Do you have facebook? I'd love to chat a bit more "directly" Wink My facebook is on my profile. I don't have ICQ

Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 17th September 2019, 10:05

That section on Leefish is not a forum, it is more like a website. We are on a forum hosting, so there are not a lot of changes possible.

I do have Facebook, but I don't really use it that much.
Lucydique
Lucydique
Newcomer

PostLucydique 17th September 2019, 16:35

Pity, I'm there all the time, would have loved to chat with you.

Say is there a way to see all the tags in use for this forum/it's downloads?
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 18th September 2019, 11:03

I am not sure if there is, but relevant tags are included in the first post. For example, you go to Food & Drinks and there are a lot of tags to choose from.
Lucydique
Lucydique
Newcomer

PostLucydique 18th September 2019, 12:16

I was just wondering if several people are working on adding things to the download-posts shouldn't they have such a list handy to make sure they all use the same wording? It could also be a nice thing to have like an "overall" post in downloads with just a list of clickable tags to go through same way you have those "navigation" posts inside some of the categories. I only checked the TS2 download area so no clue how you did it on others. I was hoping it would be possible to combine tags in the extended search but that doesn't seem possible (e.g. you have the tag "coffee" and "ts2_customcontent" but when I enter both in the search it is finding everything that has either of them instead of only those that have both so I guess the forum just doesn't have that function even if it has a checkbox to search in tags)
sorry I guess I'm still hung up on functionalities here Wink
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 18th September 2019, 12:56

Yes, tags that should be used are in the topic, so people do have them. Unfortunately, it is impossible to combine tags like that. There are a lot of limitations, but it's still a lot better than just having categories.
Lucydique
Lucydique
Newcomer

PostLucydique 18th September 2019, 15:20

yes it sure is and the navigational post is really good to have an overview
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 18th September 2019, 19:04

Here is a good example.
Lucydique
Lucydique
Newcomer

PostLucydique 19th September 2019, 10:33

oh yes that one is great! But I saw that some are very complex with tags while others only had the minimum, guess it's a matter of how much time you had. If someone would join that treasure seekers usergroup would they be able to edit existing posts (add more tags) or just add new posts? How many people are working on it right now?
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 19th September 2019, 10:58

It's only me right now, that's why some topics have a lot of tags and some don't. Treasure Hunters can only add new post with existing tags, so they would have to use the tags I provided.

The plan is to update all topics to include tags and navigation.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top