Make My Sims Real | Advanced simming, Custom Content & more!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello, Simmer!
Please support this forum by registering here. This will keep us motivated and interested in the project. Registration is very easy and quick.

Hello, Guest!
Welcome to Make My Sims Real forum!
We are pleased to have you here. Why don't you join our community? Registration is very easy and quick.
Latest topics
» Kitchen Appliances
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1015th June 2021, 22:41 by Aileen

» Indoor Flowers & Plants
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:43 by Aileen

» Toddler & Child Objects
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:38 by Aileen

» Tables, Desks
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1022nd April 2021, 10:59 by Aileen

» Dining Room Sets
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:38 by Aileen

» Books, Magazines & Bookcases
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:35 by Aileen

» Office & Study Sets
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:28 by Aileen

» Seating
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1020th April 2021, 19:27 by Aileen

» Beds
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1020th April 2021, 12:53 by Aileen

» Business Modifications
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Clock-1018th April 2021, 14:43 by Aileen

Poll

[TS2] What custom content would you like to see next?

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Poll_c100%[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Poll_c10 0% [ 0 ]
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Poll_c100%[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Poll_c10 0% [ 0 ]
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Poll_c10100%[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... Poll_c10 100% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 31st October 2017, 14:48

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

Farewell to the Highlands, farewell to the North,
The birth-place of Valour, the country of Worth;
Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love.

My heart's in the Highlands, my heart is not here,
My heart's in the Highlands, a-chasing the deer;
Chasing the wild-deer, and following the roe,
My heart's in the Highlands, wherever I go.

Farewell to the mountains, high-cover'd with snow,
Farewell to the straths and green vallies below;
Farewell to the forests and wild-hanging woods,
Farewell to the torrents and loud-pouring floods.

My heart's in the Highlands...

Hello there. This is the thread I will use to post some updates about my hood I am currently working on. The content here will be both OC and OOC. Feel free to comment if you'd like. You can just post in this topic, as I will be putting all the posts up here anyways.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 31st October 2017, 15:09

Once again I've decided to share the story of my neighbourhood. Luckily enough, I am starting from scratch, so I will have the opportunity to reflect on its story from the very beginning, and you, any frequent readers or random passers-by, will be able to see how everything started and developed.

Recently I've been experiencing some serious problems with my game. It would crash all the time, so my first two families became unplayable. I was forced to reinstall my game, do everything all over again and start getting custom content that I so desperately need to achieve the look I picture in my mind.

While I am still in the process of piecing everything together, testing my game and playing around with my dummy hood, I've decided to put the neighbourhood up. So here we go, meet Highland Springs in its pure and untouched beauty. The only thing here is the terrain replacements I use.

I made the map myself. It took me countless attempts to actually reach the look I would find acceptable, let alone perfect. I wanted Highland Springs to have mountains in the background, a waterfall, a viaduct, a nice bridge and a castle hill. I have not placed any of those things yet, but the actual terrain was made to have all those things. I've already tested it, and I can say that I am starting to like what I see.

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... SBTMRhz

To cut a long story short, in this hood I want to combine everything I actually like, make a working yet simple economy and other systems, witness a lot of wonderful stories going on.

I wanted to show you my hood as it is now. I haven't even fixed those bumps I got, I haven't placed any decorations or lots. The skyline looks empty and soulless, but let's hope that soon this hood will be thriving.

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... JtQVeLB
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 6th November 2017, 18:06

The following sponsored post would appear in your Instagram feed:

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... OIDOTIn

#ts2_simstagram
LilSister
LilSister
Lurker

PostLilSister 6th November 2017, 18:21

Looking forward to reading more about your neighborhood.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 6th November 2017, 18:26

Thank you @LilSister. And welcome to the forum, I see you online often. I am glad that you've finally decided to post! Smile
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 10th November 2017, 02:28

A new post would appear in your 'Discover' feed.

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... MTIeXF5

#ts2_simstagram

Cher64
Cher64
Newcomer

PostCher64 17th November 2017, 03:01

I'm just starting to set up a new game for myself, one that I plan to play for a long time, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how you do this for your game.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 17th November 2017, 04:56

@Cher64 Thank you! Are you planning on sharing as well?
Cher64
Cher64
Newcomer

PostCher64 17th November 2017, 18:12

I would love to share, though I'll feel all kinds of inferior! Laughing It will probably also take me a long time to get things set up.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 18th November 2017, 18:30

@Cher64 Yeah I know what you mean. It took me a while as well, but sharing is fun Smile
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 24th November 2017, 06:30

How many attempts does it take to create a hood that works fine and that you enjoy playing? For me, it is still a question to answer. I needed to start over because some of my mods borked my sims. Well, I could have continued, but I did not wish to play any of those families.

The thing is, never start trying to play and develop before actually preparing everything. I made a couple of families that had teenagers in them, but I never created a university hood. Those became unplayable because they were about to age and I did not want them to become adults without going to uni.

My game became repetitive and I was lacking any inspiration to build or to play. I just had to start over. Now I am organising my downloads folder, testing some things and building lots so I can play them later.

This does not change anything for this topic. The good news is that I never posted anything that required continuation, so I can just start clean once again.

I will take it slow and try and show you more of my families this time. I will also try and make those university and other hood maps so I can do more. This will take some time.
Cher64
Cher64
Newcomer

PostCher64 24th November 2017, 16:24

I think the longest I've played hood was for 3 generations. Then I found that particular hood and its style (it came with lots) too restrictive and I got bored. Then Windows stopped supporting XP and I had to put together a new computer that would run Windows 7 and it seemed a good time to start over. Around that time, I discovered a lot of default replacements and mods I hadn't known about, and went crazy setting up a new, huge hood. I never even played all the many Sims I put in it before I sidetracked myself with an offspring project. Now I've discovered the benefits to having a somewhat smaller hood and using subhoods for different regions and styles.

So, this time I'm trying to be more careful and put more thought into what I'm doing overall. As a result, I tend to paralyze myself by over-researching and over-thinking everything. No Laughing
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 24th November 2017, 19:54

Wow! Thank you for your reply, @Cher64. I am completely the same. I'd be excited to see your hood(s)! Smile

What styles do you use?
Cher64
Cher64
Newcomer

PostCher64 27th November 2017, 17:31

I like so many styles and want to play them all. The big hood I set up and quickly abandoned had a Mediterranean region, a South American region, a mountain region, a tropical region, a Gypsy camp (which I loved!), some Florida-type coastal homes, and a farming region. I'm looking at still having those, but using subhoods so there will be more opportunity to decorate and expand as I play.

So, I guess I should start a thread about what I'm doing, except all I've done at this point is choose the hood terrains. I do have a few pictures of the old hood I could share there.

Will you still be using the Highland Springs hood you created? If I understand correctly, you think it was CC that made your game unplayable, so hopefully the hood terrain is still OK.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 27th November 2017, 21:09

@Cher64 Yes, it will still be the same hood. Just not the old sims.

I'd be happy to read about your hood(s). If you want to share with us, create a topic here. Let me know if you have any questions.

I love the diversity you have. Gypsy camp is great Smile
LilSister
LilSister
Lurker

PostLilSister 20th December 2017, 21:25

I've been playing my current neighborhood Redwood Cove for over 3 years. The fourth generation are aging into teens and some are ready for college; and those not going to college will be adults very soon. I began my neighborhood with 3 Sims, a dog and no community lots or townies. Now my neighborhood is thriving with 1 subhood, and a college and I just decided to add a vacation hood. I love OFB and there are 20 owned lots in my game in addition to all of the other community lots I've added. I make my townies that I've added over time. I really love my neighborhood.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 23rd December 2017, 13:48

@LilSister I'd love to see some screenshots. You can create a new topic here and tell us about your neighbourhood Smile
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 5th March 2018, 18:08

I haven't been very active recently, but I am slowly getting back into playing TS2. I decided to go the other way and actually build some community lot so I can create workplaces for my sims. Some of these buildings are still unfinished, some of them are being decorated and furnished, but you get the idea.

Firstly, I need a big supermarket so my sims can buy groceries. In my mind, local producers sell their goods to the supermarket. I had to alter some files so it's easier to organise the business (I enabled some hidden files). There's still a lot of work to do, but the general outline is ready. Here's my Highlander supermarket, built in Tudor style (kind of).

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... N769Yiz

The place is really big and it will sell a lot of ready-made food, groceries and some household items. It also has a Starbucks.

Another important addition to my hood is building a bank. The bank is functional, sims can open accounts, ask for loans and get investment certificates and precious metals.

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... YwioGYl

I've also started building a post office. As usual, everything is functional: sims can send parcels, postcards, etc. They can also use computers and fax here.

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... TSuWuV8

How could my town function without a Town Hall? I am not sure if Highland Springs is going to have a mayor, but there will be some kind of administration there and sims will be able to visit them in the Hall. There's also a function suite for various celebrations, job centre and a canteen.

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... HsJjqmD

I am also planning on having a justice system in my hood, so I also created a courtroom. It is a very small building with a glass dome and a basement.

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... AXwNiET

All those buildings are in the 'old town' and I tried to make them different, yet complementing one another. I'll keep working on them and I am also planning on showing you the interiors.

Happy simming!
Cher64
Cher64
Newcomer

PostCher64 5th March 2018, 20:08

I look forward to seeing the interiors of your buildings. They're very nice and do go together while each having its own style.

Are you still working on setting up your terrain and all that, or are you concentrating on community lots because you need a break from that?

I'd start a thread on mine, but I'm still working on default replacements. I want that done before I get into an actual game and start decorating the terrains, so I have nothing to show right now.

I'm not sure I could tackle an actual working economy and making my own townies and having all positions staffed by my own creations, but I'm fascinated by those who do.  

@LilSister, I'm hoping you'll start a thread and post pictures.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 6th March 2018, 01:21

@Cher64 Thanks for the comment. My terrain is ready, so I am just building stuff in my dummy hood now. I do try to make everything custom, so it takes a long time to set everything up, but it's very rewarding. I hope to see your stuff soon Smile
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 20th July 2018, 12:56

[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... DmrbLNY
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... ZclZNuv
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... OjrdLRQ
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... LPrSuaN
[TS2] My heart's in the Highlands, My heart is not here... X44W5Nc
princessbliss
princessbliss
Lurker

Postprincessbliss 12th August 2018, 15:39

Your buildings look great. The Russian restaurant looks amazing I love it, it looks so cozy
And the video at the beginning with the song, love it!
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 12th August 2018, 17:57

Thank you so much @princessbliss
Cher64
Cher64
Newcomer

PostCher64 13th August 2018, 02:37

I love the cabin -- it looks so homey and warm. Do you get ideas for your lots from somewhere specific, like floor plans, or do you dream them up yourself?
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 13th August 2018, 11:48

Thank you @Cher64. Usually, I just build them myself, but I have a couple of houses that I built using a reference picture. I haven't used floor plans yet.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top