Make My Sims Real | Advanced simming, Custom Content & more!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello, Simmer!
Please support this forum by registering here. This will keep us motivated and interested in the project. Registration is very easy and quick.

Hello, Guest!
Welcome to Make My Sims Real forum!
We are pleased to have you here. Why don't you join our community? Registration is very easy and quick.
Latest topics
» Kitchen Appliances
What book are you reading now? Clock-1015th June 2021, 22:41 by Aileen

» Indoor Flowers & Plants
What book are you reading now? Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:43 by Aileen

» Toddler & Child Objects
What book are you reading now? Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:38 by Aileen

» Tables, Desks
What book are you reading now? Clock-1022nd April 2021, 10:59 by Aileen

» Dining Room Sets
What book are you reading now? Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:38 by Aileen

» Books, Magazines & Bookcases
What book are you reading now? Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:35 by Aileen

» Office & Study Sets
What book are you reading now? Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:28 by Aileen

» Seating
What book are you reading now? Clock-1020th April 2021, 19:27 by Aileen

» Beds
What book are you reading now? Clock-1020th April 2021, 12:53 by Aileen

» Business Modifications
What book are you reading now? Clock-1018th April 2021, 14:43 by Aileen

Poll

[TS2] What custom content would you like to see next?

What book are you reading now? Poll_c100%What book are you reading now? Poll_c10 0% [ 0 ]
What book are you reading now? Poll_c100%What book are you reading now? Poll_c10 0% [ 0 ]
What book are you reading now? Poll_c10100%What book are you reading now? Poll_c10 100% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

What book are you reading now?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 19th January 2017, 08:10

Any bookworms here? Let's share what books we are reading at the moment.
I am currently reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
Lizzy
Lizzy
http://622277.xobor.com/

PostLizzy 11th June 2017, 18:17

I used to read many books, many years ago. Today it's become a bit harder for me : lack of interest for novels and anything fictional.

In general, I like to read Philosophy books, also books about Mystics (Jewish, Christian). A while back I also read quite much about psychoanalysis, but I'm tired of it today and just keep Carl Gustav Jung as a reference for me.

I have my own favourite book collection by a German author who died during World War 2. It's three volumes about Theosophy (corrected on some subjects and made much shorter and clearer) and explaining the various spiritual areas, reincarnation, karma, and such. I don't want to mention this author and the title of his book collection, because in France his whole work is seen as "cult". In France, anything related to Theosophy is like seen as "dangerous". (LOL, but France is special for all having to do with spirituality)
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 12th June 2017, 03:19

@Lizzy:
I really liked Jungian Dream Interpretation: A Handbook of Theory and Practice, it was very interesting. That last book you've mentioned sounds very intriguing.

I am reading The Martian Chronicles right now.
Lizzy
Lizzy

PostLizzy 12th June 2017, 10:01

I sent you details in a PM for the book collection I told about. It's available in English and many other languages, also as PDF and for free, I guess.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 12th June 2017, 16:37

Thank you @Lizzy. For checking my progress I use Goodreads, by the way. Here is my profile - https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/40660635-prayformetal
Lizzy
Lizzy

PostLizzy 12th June 2017, 17:55

We also got such sites in France for bookworms, also to publish short stories.

In the past I read an autobiography by a gay writer/poet (I sent you in a PM full details, his name and the title of his book).

I got acquainted to him at Facebook and often used to create illustrated memes after his supposed Zen koans (things that anyone could compose without being familiar with Zen or Taoism).

Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 12th June 2017, 17:59

Thank you @Lizzy.
Managed not to screw up your post this time. ROFL
Lizzy
Lizzy

PostLizzy 12th June 2017, 18:30

Crazy Haha ! usually I keep some posts of mine at forums, blogs, in a text document when in the meanwhile I have something else important to do at home.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 8th August 2017, 23:30

I am reading 'I hate the Internet' by Jarett Kobek.
Lizzy
Lizzy

PostLizzy 9th August 2017, 10:23

I haven't have time to read much these last years. It's a bit funny because I also did write two novels (but now I trashed them after the renovation work at home). They were erotic novels and time consuming for me. I also wrote some poems during my spiritual quest era about ten years ago. With time passing by, I write much shorter things like Zen Koans, sorts of "quotes". I can't deal much with tons of fictitious chracters, myself as writer and as a reader. I would have liked to read Tolkien's book Lord's of the rings but over 1,000 pages and so many chracters... I can't keep it up to continue.

I love myths, legends, writings about the Gnosis, Christian Apocrypha (Gospels according to Mary-Magdalene, Thomas, etc.). I think I'm a truth seeker for everything spiritual, human kind and the world in general. I'm Gnostic and Theosophy influenced me as much as Gnosis and Jewish Mystics.

I once read two major works (major, for me) :

- Abd-Ru-Shin
- Otto Rahn, Lucifer's court (very German Pagan indeed)

Both authors are opposite, Otto Rahn was a bit more 'nazi-pagan-linked'.

I love to compare philosophies, even if very opposite and in total contracdiction. My favourite philosopher is Nietzsche, because he dared to challenge people to take an upper step into their human nature, thus his claim for the super-human which has nothing to do with being a superior god (like in Antic days, kings, emperors)? It's about challenging oneself as a Master and Disciple to oneself. Nietzsche was misunderstood (wans't a nazi at all) because he truly hated the slave-behaving-nodding attitue of most Christians (following blindly without questioning anything).

Then the worst book I ever read inmy lifetime, was David Icke's The biggest secret (two volumes). I made research on conspiracy theories, there are many since early Christian faith (Gnosis is a part of it as well as Theosophy), but Icke's endeavour to bash on Jews all the time is truly irritating - but he managed to gain readers and followers all over Internet.

Anyway all in all, today, conspiracy theories are still a field of research for me. I can compare, thanks to my Jewish Mystics, Gnosis knowledge, I can discern what's fake (Sci-Fi novels which inspired Scientology much, etc). For angels, gods, in the outer world, nothing to worry aobut. "They" don't give a damn for our life condition on earth. But human beings are known to be wolves and predators against each other : this is to be observed every day since the very beginning.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum