Make My Sims Real | Advanced simming, Custom Content & more!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Dear Guest!

We are a new developing forum and community. Please support the forum by creating an account here. It will help to keep us motivated and interested in the project. It is free and it will take you less than 5 minutes to do so.

Once you've registered, you will be able to see links to our downloads and use our navigation.

Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hello, Simmer!
Please support this forum by registering here. This will keep us motivated and interested in the project. Registration is very easy and quick.

Hello, Guest!
Welcome to Make My Sims Real forum!
We are pleased to have you here. Why don't you join our community? Registration is very easy and quick.
Latest topics
» Kitchen Appliances
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1015th June 2021, 22:41 by Aileen

» Indoor Flowers & Plants
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:43 by Aileen

» Toddler & Child Objects
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1022nd April 2021, 12:38 by Aileen

» Tables, Desks
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1022nd April 2021, 10:59 by Aileen

» Dining Room Sets
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:38 by Aileen

» Books, Magazines & Bookcases
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:35 by Aileen

» Office & Study Sets
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1020th April 2021, 20:28 by Aileen

» Seating
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1020th April 2021, 19:27 by Aileen

» Beds
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1020th April 2021, 12:53 by Aileen

» Business Modifications
Ideas for a Theme project Clock-1018th April 2021, 14:43 by Aileen

Poll

[TS2] What custom content would you like to see next?

Ideas for a Theme project Poll_c100%Ideas for a Theme project Poll_c10 0% [ 0 ]
Ideas for a Theme project Poll_c10100%Ideas for a Theme project Poll_c10 100% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

Ideas for a Theme project

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lizzy
Lizzy
http://622277.xobor.com/

PostLizzy 26th March 2019, 12:22

I hope it's the right section here at the forum. But please let me just specifiy that I already made this suggestion at another forum. So my idea is not "exclusive" for makemysimsreal.

Intro

Its' been a long time since picolink multiweear closed. They used to have clothes (mainly) related to countries traditional wear, festivities. Since then, apart from Medieval, Victorian historial, I haven't seen much about other countries traditional clothing, deco objects, furniture recolours and houses. Plus I also miss some Scandinavian sites which used to provide high quality CC.

My idea

I'm working a lot for all Gipsy and Rroma people related. Sometimes I share but I would find it even more exciting to have other retexturists (and why not meshers) start a collaborative work for various Theme projects, all having to do with regional, European, Russian culture - not often represented.

Examples

As we got on several forums Advent calendars and colouring theme topics, Christmas in July, etc., why not be a small team working on everything Gipsy, everything Provence, everything Scandinavian, everything Slavic, Balkanian and Russian. Let's not forget about the other countries of the continent Europe.

This would include :

- create, retexture clothes, jewels, maybe make up
- create Sims and share them with a traditional outfit, etc.
- retexture objects, create wall-papers, etc. (all Buy and Build)
- create residential lots (preferably if CC furnished) which are typical of a region, at least from the outside (while inside it can be modern with a few traditional details however, like curtains, beddings, paintings, etc.)

What I'd expect from future collaborators for such themes

- Good knowledge of meshes to use, at least if they're independent or using the repository technique (most of time for Buy and Build CC)
- Having a passion for discovering other cultures, making researches for patterns, ressource images to use and why not share if help for retexturing is needed
- For the Gipsy theme, please do not always target flamenco and Spain. The Gipsy culture is multi-ethnic, mostly European today and Christian or Klezmer, from various origins (as far as Ancient Persia). So be curious and learned on such details, especially for other countries than Spain and South France.

So again, here, Aileen and all, be aware of the fact that this suggestion has been made at another forum as well and privately to a very talented Sims 2 retexturist, living somewhere in Europe. I'm therefore already awaiting replies from two Simmers, will know more about their thougths and availability for the projects.

Thank you very much for your attention.

EDIT : I'mcurrently writing a PDF. One version for people who asked for knowing more about the Gipsy community suffering of wrong ideas. Another version with only Sims 2 hints, tips, suggestions for the project.

2nd EDIT :
In the following document you will find more details, tips :

SIMS_2_THEME_PROJECT_GIPSIES__AND_TRADITIONAL_EUROPE

or simfileshare http://simfil.es/1002185/
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 10th June 2019, 09:45

Hi @Lizzy

Sorry, I missed your suggestion somehow. I would love to have themes on the forum, but as you can see we don't have a lot of creators here yet (sadly). I'd make something Russian, for example. However, I can't say I play TS2 a lot these days or even make stuff for it, so I don't know when I'd have inspiration to create something.
Lizzy
Lizzy

PostLizzy 10th June 2019, 22:02

Very interesting for the Russian stuff that inspires you - I'm a big Russia fan.

By the way - not totally off topic, as it's about suggestions Smile if I don't share much at your forum it's because I don't like too much to post in only one thread. Why not new topics each time ? It would be easier to read for newbies of the forum.

So this is why I got my blog now. Tags aren't a priority but visitors need to know where to read about such or such topic, without needing to ask.

In my downloads I'm unorganised. But for sharing at my blog I'm tidier, because it's public.

I don't want to influence you, but at sims1angeles I can open new topics at the Gift Boutique section as Lithia15... Haha Im' also the only one there sharing a lot, apart from the forum team.

Maya40 also collaborates, especially for Bodyshop, Sims. She's very much aware for all Gipsy and we share a lot about Gipsy music (videos, etc.)

It's just too sad that I don't mesh, because I'd have requests for Bodyshop.

A ressources list for Themes would also be great. But I don't have much patience for that, at the moment.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 10th June 2019, 22:06

By the way, I am Russian. That's why I am interested in making Russian stuff.

Creating topics for individual uploads and using tags is limited to Resident Creators - a system that I hasn't implemented yet. I'll let you know when I do. Now that you said that, I'll try to set everything up as soon as possible. I remember we talked about this before. It would look like my section.
Lizzy
Lizzy

PostLizzy 10th June 2019, 22:48

I understand better why you're fluent in Russian, as I think you once told. I love this language, it's the most beautiful one, I think (long before French...).

For the section like yours, yes of course it could look like that. I'd take the example of how the simpearls forum run by Kim (ex-BPS) is built up. Resident creators got their section. And simple creators (like me, not sharing only here) and others got their sharing section "Sims 2 downloads by members" for example.

I'm at many forums, but more as a lurker still today. I only download and rarely chat.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 10th June 2019, 22:50

I had French at school. Sadly, I can only read.

I find that it's better to have dedicated topics, but boards for resident creators (and there it's up to them how to post really).
Lizzy
Lizzy

PostLizzy 11th June 2019, 10:17

I have now understood the tricks for the submissions here. Thank you, I thought it was harder than that.
Aileen
Aileen
Administrator

PostAileen 11th June 2019, 10:41

No, I tried to make it as simple as possible, while still leaving the opportunity to moderate it well.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum